Subject: [Leica] Just wondering
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 21:16:30 -0500

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 Brian Reid <reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>wrote:

>The LUG Gallery software is 14 years old. The software package is called
>"Gallery 2". About 9 years ago, Google hired its chief developer away
>from the Gallery project and put him to work on Picasa. Neither Gallery
>2 nor Gallery 3 has changed much since. I think of the Gallery software
>as being a bit like my IIIf--it takes some TLC to use it at all, but
>they are still making film for it. The 90/f4 Elmar LTM is still my
>favorite lens of all time.

>For the time being, we have to consider that software as static. It runs
>on an ancient operating system on a virtual machine, because you can't
>buy real computers any more that will run that software.

>I am retiring in about a month, and I am retiring from my management
>roles in a week. I hope that I will be able to devote more time to
>smoothing out LUG software. There are several tabs on the "add items"
>page, and I might be able to get more of them to work. I've never used
>any but the first tab.
Brian, thank you so much for providing the gallery.  I love having it,
since I don't have my own web page,
but people can still see my pictures.  And because I'm on the digest, I
like the current non-attachment system -
I also would not like to be barraged by lots of messages.  If you are
tweaking the gallery, is there any way to
have the scroll list of years go back farther than 1970?  I have scans of
pictures from the 60's.
--
Alan

(Retired)