Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Count Basie Orchestra - Gerry
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 09:31:08 +0100

You have some good images there Philippe, and I bet it was a great concert.
I had a read through the current line-up and there were no names that I
recognised, but then it must be an astonishing 50 years ago that I saw them.
It was in the age when these bands could afford to tour more often and I had
the pleasure of watching the Count, the Duke, Woody Herman and others (some
more than once).

It was a great disappointment to me when I saw that Count Basie and Ella
Fitzgerald were on the same bill, and it came as a surprise when Ella
performed one half of the concert and Basie the other half. They didn?t
perform together that night. I haven?t seen a decent big band for a few
years now but I am sure I will at sometime. There is nothing quite like the
blast of a good horn section hitting you.

Kind regards

Gerry

Gerry Walden
023 8046 3076