Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pipevine Swallowtail
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 12:10:50 -0500

I finally admitted to myself that the E-510 has a problem in the Mode
Selector.? I can no longer set a fixed shutter speed. Program Mode still
works, but that is not quick enough to capture flapping wings.? So,
today I paired up the E-1 and the ZD 50-200. As long as I don't crop too
much, this works ok.? The replacement suggested by Moose is on its way.

This beautiful black butterfly was working the Buddleia but its wings
never stopped fluttering.? With shutter speed set at 1/1000,? I followed
it all about the bush.? This is my best shot.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190813-P8138367.JPG.html

Online research leads me to believe it is a Pipevine Swallowtail, which
has that blue cast to the body and hind wing.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] IMG: Pipevine Swallowtail)