Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Frond in Need
From: douglasb50 at hotmail.com (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 14:27:57 +0000

Looking for fertility in the urban jungle. This is the fourth repost as the
original sent yesterday and two repost seem to have vanished into the ether.
Given up with my normal email address for the moment to see if there's some
sort of blocking elsewhere.

Encephalartos woodii gets inspected in the Great Palm House in the National
Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Cycad.jpg.html

iPhone 5S. Can be seen Larger.

This example of the now virtually extinct Woods Cycad is the tallest in
Europe, and as all five survivors of the species are male, and there is nary
a female to be found, it seems doomed to be unable to reproduce naturally.
This item of tragic news picqued the interest of the mainly female members
of my wife's cultural group - I was only riding shotgun - and a closer
inspection was deemed mandatory, facilitated here by Jean, our OPW guide.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] IMG: A Frond in Need)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: A Frond in Need)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: A Frond in Need)