Subject: [Leica] IMG: Restoration of "Mister Douglas" Continues
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:58:00 +0000

Jim, forget my latest post, I hadn't realized this engine was NEW!
JM
This new engine is indeed handsome. Must be addictive to work on it ... !

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de Jim
Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
Envoy? : mercredi 24 avril 2019 22:14
? : Olympus Camera Discussion; LUG at Leica-Users.org

The supporters of the jump plane "Mister Douglas" are once more on-site
working on the airplane.  They have raised funds for two zero-time Pratt
& Whitney engines, the first of which was installed on the airplane
yesterday.  The fittings and accessories from the old left engine will
now be inspected, refurbished, and installed on the second engine at
their shop in Florida.  The fabric control surfaces have also been
re-covered and are being reinstalled.

Here is a 6-panel pano that I took this morning:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190424-DSCF7225-Pano.JPG.html

And, here is that new right engine:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190424-DSCF7222.JPG.html

Please view LARGE!