Subject: [Leica] IMG: Old Lens Revisited
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 12:39:21 -0500

In the late 1980s, on a visit to Ft. Worth, TX, I found an interesting
lens in a consignment shop.? It was a Soligar 35mm f/2 (C/D) lens made
by Tokina for Soligar, and the C/D indicates it was "Computer
Designed".? Needing a 35 to fill in the gaps of my Spotmatic M42 lenses,
I bought it.? In researching it this morning, I found that it does not
have the Red "P", designating a Professional Model, so it is from
standard production, which started in 1975.? The thing that got my
attention was that it focuses right on the mark at Infinity, and focuses
continuously down to about 8 inches.

It is raining outside, so I was limited to subjects I could find around
the house.? I chose this bell, placed on a pie crust table in front of a
window.? IIRC, the aperture was f/4.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190408-DSCF0884.JPG.html

I think it is worth a trial for flower photos.? We'll see, when the sun
comes out.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA