Subject: [Leica] New Leica! : now Proportions.....
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 15:47:18 -0400

I used to not crop at all, leaving a black border around my prints in the
darkroom.  Now, with digital, I feel a wonderful freedom to crop the photo
any way I want to!  There is no reason to stick to the old film
proportions.  I still think of the Golden Mean and the Rule of Thirds and
positive and negative space, but they can apply to different proportions,
too.

With the SL, the files are so good that extreme cropping is possible.  I
love it!

Tina

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 11:25 AM Frank Filippone via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>