Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2019: three vignettes related to Six Nations rugby
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 20:43:29 +0100

Yesterday I wanted to see the Wales-England rugby match at Cardiff?s
Millennium Stadium, arguably the most emblamatic fixture of the Six Nations
championship. I could watch it at home, but I decided to go to the Eden Bar
in El Campello for the extra atmosphere?the bar is owned by French people
and is popular among local English people?and they have Affligem on tap for
?4 a pint, so the bar ticks all the boxes. The three images I offer from
yesterday do not contain any rugby or rugby fans, though?all were taken on
the margin of the event.

Before cycling to the bar (about 4 km away), I had to stop by the local
supermarket to pick up some things my wife needed for cake she was making. A
well-groomed little dog waiting for its human posed for me:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-L4tbrsT/A

I very much enjoyed the rugby, but I also focused on a couple in front of
me. They seemed very loving and really enjoying each other?s company at the
table:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Hr6m6FM/A

And later, when they played a game of pool:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8WhGXwf/A

And I enjoyed the rugby, with Wales beating England in a tough, emotional
game. I like Wales, having visited Cardiff many times when my daugher was
studying there, and also having driven around the beautiful Welsh
countryside on several occasions. It is a small country but at least in
rugby, it punches way above its size.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman