Subject: [Leica] infrared
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 14:41:39 -0600

The Fuji X-trans cameras (XE, XT) work well with IR and no modification
other than a 720nm (R72) filter.? The rub is that you need a tripod,
since shutter speeds are slow (e.g. 1/5 second).? A converted camera
will let you shoot hand-held.? This is for b&w.? If you are looking for
color, then a modification is probably best.? I've been thinking about a
conversion by kolari or lifepixel on a spare XE1 body, but I just don't
shoot that much IR.? Here are a couple of unmodified Fuji examples:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/417837-1/_DSF3600bw.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/_DSF1785-Pano-Edit.jpg.html

Ken