Subject: [Leica] Portraits with the Rolleiflex TLR
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:32:49 -0500

These look great Jim!  I used a lot of D23-1:1 for years... I measured it
volumetrically instead of by weight which is what Minor White did; so I
tried it. No need for scales.
A spoon of this a coffee measure of that. With your developer this
simplified only two ingredients it's easier to get creative with it and have
control.  My end result was closer to an over all 1:3 I think. Sharper. You
modified your sulfite till you like the grain and the Metol/Elon till you
liked the edge effects.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 1/17/19, 9:01 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Hemenway"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jim at
hemenway.com> wrote:

    Lluis... number 10

    Jim H

    On 1/15/19 6:39 PM, Lluis Ripoll via LUG wrote:
    > I have shot a few portraits of my friend the Catalan painter Francesc
Artigau in his studio, using daylight, Rolleiflex with Zeiss Planar 80mm f
2.8, Kodak Tri-X 120, I have prepared myself the developer D-23 not more in
the market, at a dilution 1:1.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Medium+Format/2019F010105.jpg.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Medium+Format/2019F010108.jpg.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Medium+Format/2019F010110.jpg.html>