Subject: [Leica] More Stock Woes
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 22:42:37 -0500

The article seems to be designed to blame Walmart. It isn't their fault;
they didn't license the photo, some manufacturer did and Walmart is selling
the manufacturer's products. They're probably not the only retailer selling
the stuff, but the article doesn't say if that's so. The writer left out a
lot, in my opinion, in order to maintain the "Walmart is Evil" narrative.

At the end of the article, it says that Walmart reached out to the
photographer on social media, asking him to contact them. That's a BIG
detail, yet the writer does not say if the photographer talked to Walmart,
or what Walmart offered him. To me it sounds like the company felt bad for
the guy and wanted to compensate him, despite the fact that Walmart has no
legal obligation to do so. If so, that's very kind of them, but that would
ruin the 'narrative' wouldn?t it? I'd like to know if that's the
case...wouldn't you?

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

?On 12/23/18, 10:27 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    That is the market. He should put up and shut up, or get out and do
    something else!

    Walmart did NOTHING wrong, I wonder if bashing them is the flavour of the
    week.

    Cheers
    Jayanand

    On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 12:32 AM Tina Manley via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>

https://petapixel.com/2018/12/22/photog-shocked-after-his-1-88-stock-photo-shows-up-on-walmart-goods/