Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/12/2018: why I always have a camera on me
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 08:27:59 +0100

In our household, I am the one who cooks. But on Fridays we often have pizza
instead, from a nice little pizzeria just 100 m down the street. I usually
walk down there, order my pizzas and have a beer while I wait. And so it was
last night. Except that something nice happened while I was waiting.

Two older men came up to the counter to pay their bill (this is often done
in less formal restaurants here, rather than paying at the table):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DHb396R/A

As sometimes happens as well, they were given a chupito. They posed with the
bottle:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fL3KgXN/A

And then one of them picked up a tray to use as a drum and they began to
sing some traditional song (I did not listen for the lyrics):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7Fw8tfn/A

The pizza lady certainly appreciated it:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-GqxHfCR/A

And they were happy to be photographed:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DV3hQL7/A

The song finished and the chupitos drunk, they left. I got our two pizzas
and walked home with these images in my mind and in my camera (the little
Ricoh GR in my pocket in this case). At home, we ate the pizza, I drank some
beer for the first time since Sunday and watched Liverpool beat
Wolverhampton 2-0 to remain unbeaten in the Premier League. An excellent
Friday evening, all around.

Happy Solstice,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman