Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 26/11/2018: Warsaw, old and new
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 06:35:35 +0100

I am spending the week in Warsaw, my last business trip of  the year. The
days are short here in late November, so I suspect that most of my photos
will be of the night variety. Last night I went for a walk around the hotel.
It was a clear and cold evening, with light frost. I walked up to a building
that was emblematic of Warsaw in Communist times, the Palace of Culture and
Science, a ?gift? from Stalin to the people of Warsaw, completed in 1955:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-K9WQZvJ/A

The entrance to the Stalinist eyesore looks nicer and more colourful than it
did in the bad old days:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DtLkKS7/A

And then you take a lift to the observation deck on the 30th floor, and the
new, post-1989 Warsaw, is right there in front of you:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BGVgX2T/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman