Subject: [Leica] Kodak Dektol
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 18:26:26 +0100

Hi Mark,

I agree of course with you. I want just to mention that at least for me the
Dektol packets are too large for me 1 Gallon (3.8 litters) and I have
decided prepare myself the formula D-72, it?s very easy and I prepare every
time just 1 Litter, as you say, normal dilution 1:2 it give me 3 litters of
developper, for me this is equivalent to 3 darkroom sessions, and beside
that this method is much more cheaper (but this is not the important point)
the more significant advantage is that every time I can work withe fresh or
very fresh developper.

I see you mention to add Phenidone liquid, I have used it but never on the
D-72 formula, I have use it for the PQ formula, but in powder, I didn?t know
it was available in liquid?. and on this case I?ve used as well Benzotriazol
(I think it is recommended to use it when Phenidone is used).

Concerning the use of Phenidone on Dektol or D-72 formula, do you replace
the Metol with the same quantity of Phenidone in the formula?

Thank you in advance Mark, I would like to know your opinion about these
points

Cheers
Lluis