Subject: [Leica] Any tips for photography down at the Antarctic?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 10:41:36 +0530

Don't take very long lenses as they are not required, all critters get very
close. I took a 70-200mm f4 and a 300mm f4, so I could hand hold the whole
day long if need be, and never missed any of my super teles, or a tripod.
In fact I never took the 300mm to shore, just used it for flying
birds/whales from the ship. I also took a 1.4x teleconverter, which was
used very occasionally.

Of course, a wide angle prime/zoom of your choice for those ethereal
landscapes. I had a 16-35mm f4 with me.

Some other essentials would be a good pair of binoculars, a sturdy walking
stick and a good backpack - the last two while on shore as the paths can be
uneven and rocky.

Have fun.

Cheers
Jayanand