Subject: [Leica] Pilgrimage to Wetzlar
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:16:28 -0700

I'm just back home from a few days in and around Wetzlar, Germany, plus
two weeks in Sicily. The International Leica Society had its 50th
anniversary meeting in Wetzlar.? Since I've been shooting Leica since
1970, I figured it was a good opportunity to see the factory and a bit
of Germany. Then we headed south to soak in some Sicilian sunshine,
scenery, history, art and food. Pictures will be trickling out for some
time, so watch this space...

I took my now-ancient (in digicam-time) Leica M8, plus my standard Oly
E-M5 outfit. I used the M8 in Wetzlar, along with an M10 Leica loaned me
for a day. The E-M5 was used the rest of the time.

Here's the first batch from Wetzlar.? All taken with the M8 and a 1980s
35mm Summicron (47mm equivalent). Click on most photos to see them a
little bigger.

The Leitz Park mirror sculpture:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31669703748/in/dateposted-public/>

Yours truly in front of a slogan I can get behind:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31669703638/in/dateposted-public/>

"Culpa":
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31669703578/in/dateposted-public/>

Probably the most subversive photo of Leica HQ you'll ever see:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31669703468/in/dateposted-public/>

Lecture at Leica HQ:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31669703058/in/dateposted-public/>

View of Wetzlar from the Land Bridge:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31669703368/in/dateposted-public/>

The Eisenmarkt, site of the first Leica photo in 1914:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/31669703268/in/dateposted-public/>

Me at Oscar Barnack's grave:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at