Subject: [Leica] Question about photography business
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:40:41 -0700

I've been taking pictures for money (mostly weddings and portraits) for
40 years. I've always had a day job; I'm not good enough to try to make
a living at it. The money I make has paid for lenses and printers but
has never paid the mortgage or bought food.

Recent circumstances require that I become a registered business.
Obviously it would be a sole proprietorship. I know lots about cameras
and computers but nothing about business licensing.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I should start, to make my
little "Brian Reid Photography" venture be a registered business? Since
I live in California I assume that I would register in California, but I
am baffled by what I find with search engines.

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] Question about photography business)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Question about photography business)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Question about photography business)
Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Question about photography business)