Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lublin
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 09:23:15 +0200

I just came back from a brief vacation in south-eastern Poland yesterday. I
have lots of photos to edit from a part of Poland which I had never visited
before, but I start with the very last ones I took during the trip.

On Monday, we drove from Rzesz?w to Warsaw (from where we flew home
yesterday). Along the way, we stopped in Lublin. Lublin is where my father
was born as part of a large extended family, most of which, like most of
Lublin?s Jews, perished in the Holocaust. Just outside the city is the
contentration camp Majdanek, where most of Lublin?s Jews met their fate. We
first went there, and then drove to the centre of Lublin to walk around a
bit and to have lunch at a Jewish restaurant, next to which is my uncle
Zev?s childhood home, where he lived from 1937 (when he was born) to 1940
(when he, my father, their father and Zev?s mother fled to the Soviet Union
and thereby saved their lives). Needless to say, it was the easiest of
visits, but I am glad I went. This is something I have been meaning to do
for a long time.

I was not in Lublin very long, just a few hours, but a small gallery of 30
images is here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/lublin_aug2018/index.html

Cheers,
Nathan