Subject: [Leica] FS: Mamiya 6, Mamiya 6MF, lenses, accessories
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (Philip Forrest)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 18:24:11 -0400

I am selling my beloved pair of Mamiya 6 bodies. One is the regular M6
which is slightly older but has the uncluttered VF, the other is the
Mamiya 6MF which takes the masks and adapters to shoot either a 6x4.5
image or a panoramic 35mm image. It is like having an XPan in that
regard.

Photos of the gear here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PhilForrest/hacking/Mamiya+6/

For each of the bodies I want $900 (standard M6) and $1000 (for the 6MF.)
Both bodies are in good condition with cosmetic wear. They have typical
paint wear around the door. The rubber grips are still great and are not
sticky. Both bodies have some light scuffs and wear from use. Rangefinders
are clear, bright and focus perfectly.

The standard Mamiya 6 has a little more paint loss around the body where the
lens mount retracts. This camera behaves perfectly with the exception that
the Aperture Priority and AEL do not work WHEN THE BATTERY GETS LOW. With a
new battery, AE and AEL work fine. The light meter is spot on. All speeds
are perfect. The flange is in excellent condition as are the lens contacts
and RF cam follower. The internal bellows is free of light leaks as is the
film plane blind for changing lenses. The viewfinder is bright and clear,
with a few spots of dust. Focus is perfect with the three lenses in this
particular system. I have had this camera mated to just the 50mm since 2013,
using primarily that lens as I prefer the viewfinder of this camera to the
M6MF for the wide-angle. Includes either a 1? Domke gripper strap or the
original Mamiya 6 strap.
Asking $900.

The Mamiya 6MF is slightly newer with less wear and paint loss than the
standard M6. AE, AEL and all speeds work perfectly. Light meter is spot on.
The flange is in excellent condition as are the lens contacts and RF cam
follower. The internal bellows is free of light leaks as is the film plane
blind for changing lenses. The viewfinder is bright and clear, with a few
spots of dust. Focus is perfect with the three lenses in this particular
system. I have primarily used the 75mm on this body and occasionally used
the 150mm for landscape. Includes either a 1? Domke gripper strap or the
original Mamiya 6 strap.
Asking $1000

I have the three lenses available for the system. 50mm f/4, 75mm f.3.5 and
150mm f/4.5. All are excellent lenses and all are in outstanding optical
condition.

The 50mm f/4 is the best of the three and I think it beats every other
interchangeable lens system out there. It is the reason I got into shooting
these cameras.
The optics of this lens are flawless and saying goodbye to this lens will be
the hardest part of this sale.
The lens is cosmetically excellent. Focusing barrel and aperture control are
smooth and work perfectly. Shutter blades in this lens are perfect as are
the aperture blades. No oil or wear marks. This lens will include two vented
hoods, a Mamiya lenscap as well as a larger lenscap to put on the hood
itself
I'm hoping to get $600 from it.

The 75mm f/3.5 is great as a general lens. Cracking sharp! Optically, this
lens is in perfect condition. Cosmetically, the lens has some bright marks
on the barrel. The focus ring is a little lighter dampened but focus is
perfect. Aperture ring has good clicks and works as it should. Shutter
blades and aperture blades are free of oil and wear marks.
This lens will include one vented hood, a generic lenscap for the lens
itself and one for the front of the hood.
Asking $300.

The 150mm f/4.5 is the weakest of the three lenses and it is still a great
shooter. The focusing ring is heavily dampened and it has a very long throw
for precise focusing. The close focus of this lens is only about 8.5ft so it
is not something for a quick telephoto "macro" but the out of focus areas
are great for waist-up portraits. I wanted to use this as a studio lens and
wound up taking a few bird images with it. I've done far more landscape with
the 150mm than anything else. The only issue with this lens is the aluminum
hood binds but the threads are still in good condition on both lens and
hood.
Asking $250

I also have two accessories for the system:
One is the 35mm adapter and mask for the 6MF. I bought it new, opened it to
see how it fit in the camera then put it away and have never used it.
Asking $75.

The other is the Auto-Up + close-up diopter for the 75mm lens. Even though
this is a glorified filter, it makes outstanding images and brings the close
focus of the 75mm lens to just about 1ft.
Asking $100 for that piece.

I have three filters for this system as well. All are 2 stop neutral density
filters.
58mm B+W digital. Glass in perfect condition, cosmetic wear on the brass
ring, threads perfect. $25.
58mm Heliopan digital. Glass in perfect condition, cosmetic wear on the
brass ring, threads perfect. $50.
67mm Heliopan digital. Glass in perfect condition, cosmetic wear on the
brass ring, threads perfect. $50.

Feel free to make offers and mix & match camera/lens/accessory bundles.
I would love to sell this whole kit but can part it out if necessary.

Thanks all,
Phil Forrest

--
gallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest