Subject: [Leica] Mars-Moon conjunction
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 12:40:53 -0700

We didn't see the "blood moon" (aka lunar eclipse) here in North
America.? But the conjunction of Mars and the moon was very nice, too.?
Some haze in the air kept the moon yellowish well above the horizon.?
These photos are composites of two exposures, one for the moon and one
for Mars.

With a little "bite" from a passing cloud:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/43696261571/in/dateposted-public/>

Just the two of them:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/42980366584/in/dateposted-public/>

And here's why I took different exposures for the two objects.? Mars is
much dimmer than the moon. The camera "sees" a much greater difference
than our eyes.? So with a single exposure, either the moon is blown out
or Mars is almost invisible.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/P7270643.jpg.html>

Olympus E-M5 with Voigtlander 90/3.5 Leica screw mount Lanthar and an
adapter.? Hand held with image stabilization.? Enjoy!
--Peter