Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Honduran Families
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 08:54:16 -0400

Tina, the answers lie with the invested groups taking charge of
themselves.  Once introduced the heifer project is self sustaining and
leads to relative wealth but more importantly health.  Likewise, the
citizens of Nicaragua are stepping up to improve their life.  The biggest
thing residents of North America can do is take the money out of the drug
trade.

I guess my point would be that only when individuals or their related small
groups take action and responsibility for themselves will circumstances
change.  I am fortunate to have heard John Lewis speak about the civil
rights movement in the south.  A very small group of smart dedicated
individuals changed this country for the better.  When John Lewis was
willing to be beaten to insensibility to make the point that Jim Crow laws
had to go and others were willing to suffer similar fates did we in the US
take real notice and changed our hearts.

All the best