Subject: [Leica] First film in a long time
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 16:11:56 +0200 (CEST)

Except for all the 20-year olds at the school where my friend Lars teaches
photography who INSIST on working with film and analogue processes, not only
at the capture stage but all the way to the wet print. Some of them do
combine it with digital at some later stage, but for whatever reason
(Denmark is one of the world's most digital societies, so maybe this kind of
craft is an antidote?), there is a clear renaissance in film. Not too
dissimilar from what is happening with vinyl (the two types of recorded
music for which revenues grew in 2017 are vinyl and streaming). Of course it
will never be what in once was but it will not disappear either, and not
just because of churls like Jim.

Cheers,

Nathan (who, as you know, also dabbles in film)

Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] First film in a long time)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] First film in a long time)
Message from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] First film in a long time)