Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Count Centre people
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 01:17:41 +0100

After the vote on Friday in Ireland on the Woman's Right to
Choose/Abortion referendum, I went in the following day to the Dublin
City count centre in the RDS (the Royal Dublin Society) to see the
count, and take pictures of the hordes of political wonks (OK, I'm one
too) that assemble there. As my cousin is the City Sheriff and Official
Returning Officer for Dublin city, at least I had no trouble in getting
one of the limited tickets. There are loads of people shots here, and I
used the Sony A7ii with kit 28-70 lens and my new Nissin i40 flash. That
said, I still had to do a bit of post shot manipulation in PSE as they
looked a bit bright due to my lack of practice with the flash beforehand.

To the surprise of both sides, the vote was an overwhelming Yes to pass
the amendment by 66.4% to 33.6%. Management of abortion here will now
rest with Oireachteas (Irish parliament) and they will have to pass
legislation over the coming months to clarify the legal position of
abortion here. However, it appears that it will be permitted up to
twelve weeks.

Here are 40 shots of the activity in the RDS which was packed with Irish
politicians, and the world's and the Irish media.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/politics/Referendum+May+2018/Count+Cantre+RDS/

All can be seen LARGE.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Douglas

ps I've done a separate link to the the poster pictures I put up
earlier, so the link in the old message is dead. Here is the new one.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/politics/Referendum+May+2018/Posters+leaflets+etc/

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGs: Count Centre people)