Subject: [Leica] Need printing paper advice
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 17:42:07 -0400
References: <c2c74dab-7671-5d0d-c068-e15efca63e3c@gmail.com> <CABXy404kkiFWipMrD6m6JvscMWb3g3eKHvvqFgMt+06ORAfQ2g@mail.gmail.com> <D973A593-D4CA-49F6-9839-D67F2891FCE5@mac.com> <81e488f8-03fb-0318-3f3b-9d90150c2ec7@iol.ie> <CAH1UNJ3p0dwij3NH6OiyrRc_fRgMrZzPUR5dPgQnih8r16VBSA@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1AdK=gf_huRaQVUCgdU_OkSVyMXQ-8_7P9dcL_MvWpG8w@mail.gmail.com> <46a30b7e-22c4-cdaa-87f9-313f8b9d0ab9@hotmail.com>

That also was my thoughts.
People always discuss nude and glamour photography as if it were an
exclusive women's issue...as if guys did not exist in the in front of camera
universe..
Walk into an art museum and you'll see all kinds of statues all over the
place half of then nude and half of them guys.
Guys can be nude too.
The four gal models mentioned on the Ralph Gibson photo class also gave me a
bad vibe. If they wanted to avoid this often brought up stigma of geeky
predatory guys surrounding a sexy gal from all angles with cool photo gear
have one of those gals be a guy. Me I've posed for other photographers and
have been a model in an art drawing class when I was studying Art. This
focus now in photography as in all you'd want to shoot is women invites
scrutiny  because of its odd imbalance. There are other creatures in the
universe. Elephants. Rhino's. Fish. Guys.
Trees.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 5/7/18, 12:28 PM, "LUG on behalf of Aram Langhans via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Just to raise a point which may or may not be relevant in this
    situation....  I do not remember anything specifically said about nudes
    of women.  What if they are nudes of men?

    That said, I agree with you Tina.  Long overdue and drastically needed.
    This exploitation has gone on long enough, mostly in the shadows before
    the internet, but now it can be done in the privacy of one's home so
    shame is not a limiting factor.   While there is indeed a wide berth
    between true pornography and fine art, there is perhaps a much narrower
    line that divides the two, and personal opinion will vary considerable
    in at what someone posts in that gray area.  But as long as the
    potential viewer knows in advance what is coming, and then views to see
    what side of the line the poster seems to fall on for them, they can
    decide whether to view the next post or not.

    Aram

    On 5/6/2018 7:23 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
    > Which is what I said.  I'm just giving you the female slant on what I
    > consider to be pornography and not art.
    > I will avert my eyes but I will not appreciate it and I will be
offended if
    > photos take advantage of young women who hope to become famous because
they
    > are posing for male photographers with expensive cameras.
    >
    > The "Me, too" movement has been unfortunately trivialized by some but
it is
    > long overdue.
    >
    > Tina
    >
    > On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 10:09 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG <
    > lug at leica-users.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Richard C,
    >> Well, there have been others who have been driven away by the Moral
Police
    >> on this forum for posting boudoir photography, including nudes, so it
all
    >> boils down to how strong you are at ignoring, and refusing to be
affected
    >> by,  the unfounded and small minded rants of others. I remember one
    >> particularly nasty case a few years ago where all the moral
sanctimonious
    >> instincts of many members was in full view, and I found it quite
    >> distasteful. My view is, as always, to each his own - after all, all
of us
    >> have some strange hidden areas in our personalities! If any viewer
does not
    >> like it, they should learn to avert their eyes.
    >> Cheers
    >> Jayanand
    >>
    >> On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 8:52 PM, Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Richard, others have posted nudes on the gallery, so bang ahead. If
    >> people
    >>> don't want to be shocked, well then they shouldn't follow the links
you
    >>> post.
    >>>
    >>> Douglas

    >> print