Subject: [Leica] IMG: Small Car/Small Building - JIM N
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 07:49:47 +0200

Jim,

They are ? produced ? 35 miles from where I live. In fact they are assembled
there, the idea being that ? Smartville" is organized as a star, or a hub.
The subcontractors have they factories and stocks form the spokes. And they
provide the parts on demand. That?s very clever from SMART as they do not
lose either time nor money on stocks and concentrate on design, assembly and
sales.

I visited the plant a few years ago and had the opportunity to test the cars
(loved the coupe). When seated in the car, you forget there?s no backseat
nor boot. Funny feeling.

More at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_(marque)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_(marque)>

Amities