Subject: [Leica] IMG: LR Conversion
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 23:39:25 -0400
References: <dd8ca16c-de3a-11bd-8ff3-ea176ee2026c@lighttube.net> <CA+yJO1Csf3OaEdRFXouOi9FovODkVUYYc4YzGG_qwQ2u0vkcnA@mail.gmail.com> <dd962e61-8bc1-20d0-b4b9-8e5c0d589258@lighttube.net> <56EE05D0-D824-49E9-B53D-978617E97BDF@bdcolenphoto.com> <etPan.5ae3b551.4e12def8.26ef@bdcolenphoto.com> <etPan.5ae4c28a.2152d7ed.26ef@bdcolenphoto.com> <etPan.5ae4c9e4.64b93fb8.26ef@bdcolenphoto.com> <CAH1UNJ0pQ-FJXwaBpbYc-JPz2iX=kOSy5ZG3WEH7XH3ysZLi7Q@mail.gmail.com>

Jayanand,

I downloaded the trial version and tried it. It does convert color images
to B&W, but does not offer the comprehensive controls that other
conversion software does. The conversions do look good, but I do not like
the grain simulation. It just makes the images look like they have a layer
of splotchy crap overlaid on them; the grain doesn?t form the image as it
does with film.

For the price, its not worth it. There?s better software available for
less, and Lightroom is now VERY good without any plugins needed.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

On 4/28/18, 11:12 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of