Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Day out
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 23:46:21 +0100

A friend of mine Brendan and I went in to Dublin to see the European
Champions Cup Semi Final yesterday which featured Irish side Leinster
versus Welsh side Scarlets at the Aviva Stadium on Lansdowne Road. We
had good seats and were right behind the media corps, so, as a result,
didn't have people in front of us jumping up and screaming at every score.

The bald guy in the press box with the cans on is Keith Wood, a former
world player of the year and known as "The Raging Potato" or "Uncle
Fester" and the match was shown Europe wide.

The stadium is only eight years only, sleek and modern, and stuffed with
bars and food outlets if one were so inclined. We had a pint of Murphys
each beforehand, and enjoyed a match which to everyone's surprise,
Leinster won easily by 38 points to 16. I brought along my Fuji X100S
which naturally wasn't much good for action shots, but helped in
catching my local surrounds.

Leinster now meet the French club Racing 92 (from Paris) in the final in
Bilbao in the Basque country in Spain. I won't be travelling over though.

The images are on the link below and can be seen large

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Sport/Rugby/

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGS: Day out)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMGS: Day out)