Subject: [Leica] Comparing legacy Nikon lenses to Leica R lenses on the Sony A7II 70-200 range
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 15:59:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>Legacy lenses are fascinating to use on the Sony bodies.

Yes they certainly are!  Until a couple of months ago legacy lenses were all
I was using on the Sony body.  My favs:

Nikon 55mm f/3.5 Micro AI: inexpensive, relatively light weight, quite good
performance.  I haven't tested it against the Leica R 60 Macro but the light
weight and low worry in case of loss or damage make it my casual
carry-everywhere lens.

Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L: Inexpensive and relatively light weight for a
high-quality long lens.  It requires some correction for lateral chromatic
aberration but C1 does this automatically.  Its highlight separation and
color quality aren't as good as a Leica APO lens but most of the time its
good enough, especially considering its affordability.

Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R: for no-compromise mind-boggling image quality.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com