Subject: [Leica] PSTCRD: Thai Scooters
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 02:21:10 +0100

Ahh, slices of a different way of doing things to a health and safety
riddled west, Philippe!

Back in 1970 during a bank strike when I was out of work, I got a
temporary job on a scooter. The job entailed delivering newspapers
around Dublin on a Lambretta scooter with a large box on the back. It
seemed very well paid and I was used to riding motorbikes and scooters,
so held no fears. On my first day, they piled up the papers packing the
box, so that they were higher than my head, and the weight imbalance
made the front wheel patter in a straight line. I had to lean over the
handlebars to keep it in contact with the road. My delivery route
included all of the old cobbled streets around Dublin's docks - and it
rained! The surface was like ice, and how I didn't kill myself I'll
never know. I made it around my route, but resigned when I got back to
the depot. It wasn't that well paid after all.

Your Thai subject is surprisingly riding another Italian scooter - a
Vespa, but his real bike seems to be a Honda - going on his jacket.
However, I like the last one - the busy family shot - best!

Douglas