Subject: [Leica] Unintentional Vignetting
From: cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 19:00:28 -0400

i looked back through the more than several photos I've taken through train
windows

I?m pretty sure the splotchy effect is from schmutz on the window itself
it is minimized by shooting wide open which is fine since most of the stuff
you shoot that way is near infinity
holding the lens in direct, full contact help minimize these

many/most of mine are vignetted also
I think there are two factors?I mostly shoot with wide lenses (since
reaction times from a speeding train make reaction times VERY short) wide
open in these circumstances which would vignette more

also, many train windows have tinted safety layers in them. oblique rays
seem to pick up more shading from the tinted saftey glass

lighting conditions and differeing coach construction in different place
could contribute to the locatioin variance

but, I may well be wrong

ric