Subject: [Leica] PESO 03 11 18
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 22:47:22 -0400

No, this is about people who do not support the US Supreme Court decision
Roe v Wade from 1973, which made abortion legal in the country.  The terms
used are Pro-life for those who are against legal abortion, and pro-choice
for those who are in favor of its legality.

This is the annual Philadelphia St. Patrick's Day parade, with a huge
variety of floats, bands, and groups of all kinds, with a very strong Church
presence.  I've been told that in many regards the Irish-American population
is more conservative than that of Ireland.

Usually the parade is celebrated in traditional Philadelphia fashion, which
includes excessive drinking with the predicable results.  Perhaps because of
that, the city posted signs indicating zero tolerance for loutish behavior
and rerouted the parade from its traditional path up the Parkway to one
downtown on Market street, speaking out the usual crowds.  I think after the
experience with the Eagles victory parade last month, which essentially
turned the city into a vast urban urinal, that the administration wanted to
keep this one on a short leash.  No real drinking, no carousing, and
unfortunately kind of a bore.  I left about 1PM with a longtime photographer
friend to have lunch.

Thanks,
Jim