Subject: [Leica] Stitching program?
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 23:04:39 -0800

Last summer I spent several hours in the Kunsthistoriche Museum in
Vienna, looking at and photographing their "Ancient Instruments"
collection. They have examples of instruments from the middle ages to
the middle of the 20th century. I was like a kid in a candy store.

The Rules were you could photograph anything you wanted, but no flash
and no tripods. I can do that. I plan to put up a gallery of what I
photographed for fellow musicians to see.? The pictures aren't perfect
given the conditions, lighting and reflections off glass cases, but the
chance to see these instruments is worth it.

Some longer instruments, such as my beloved bassoons, would not fit in a
single picture without my backing off and losing too much detail, so I
took them in two or three sections, using my knees as a camera elevator.
(Ouch!) ? Can anyone recommend a stitching program that would put them
together again.? Easy is good.? Free is good, although not too expensive
is also OK if it's worth the money.

Here are two sets of three pictures each of some bassoons and
contrabassoons to show you what I am dealing with.? I don't care what
happens to the backgrounds or the non-subject instruments at the sides
of the pictures.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/P6150271.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/P6150270.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/P6150269.jpg.html>