The 50/1.4 is not too shabby either!

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/165790907/large

View Original if you want to see it HUGE!

I used it for a lot of the portraits of the Syrian kids.

I have always preferred prime lenses but I am using the 24-90 a lot more
often these days!  I tend to take out the 50/1.4 when I am in a relaxed
setting and can sit down and concentrate on only taking photos, not
walking, talking and taking photos at the same time!

Tina

--
Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com