In what has become a January tradition, my friend Lars from Denmark is visiting me this week. As usual, we are indulging in our various shared passions, including cycling, photography and Belgian beer. Lars is both a better cyclist and photographer than me, and he always comes with a new project. This time it is one he calls ?take 5?; basically, he picks interesting locations, puts his camera on a tripod, sits down on a portable stool and makes a 5 minute exposure (obviously, using appropriate ND filters to make this possible). The results can be quite interesting, depending on the moving and non-moving elements in the image. Yesterday afternoon, we drove to a secluded beach near Villajoyosa, and Lars made a couple of selfies in this manner, and also a couple of photos of me, one of which is this one:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-5jSrWQc/A

As is obvious from this image, sitting still for 5 minutes is not easy, especially with a strong wind blowing at you.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain