Hello Frank.  Without images the mind creates its own images.  From what
you describe you could get similar results with the Canon 1.2 or the
Jupitor 3.  Not quite as fast but the Summarit at 1.5 will also get you to
the soft/sharp place.  An interesting outlier is the Konica 57 1.2 with
interesting bokeh as well.

If you enjoy the hunt having many overlapping lenses gives you the artist
more brushes to paint with.

All the best.