Subject: [Leica] TAX question: Should I buy an M10?
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 12:09:32 -0500

Hi folks ?

I?m probably not alone in not understanding the implications of the new tax
bill.

I wasn?t planning on buying an M10 this year, but possibly sometime in the
coming year, maybe who knows, I?m doing ok with my M240?s. I had a book do
well and as a result I?ve a fat chunk of change sitting in the bank but I?m
concerned by all the armchair tax advisors on Facebook saying that small
business deductions are going away after this year.

I file a 1040 as well as a schedule C.

The Washington Post?s article ?5 things to do before Jan 1 to lower your tax
bill? advised professionals to buy all their high end purchases now. But I?m
not sure if they?re talking about Schedule A or Schedule C.

Does anybody with actual understanding of this know if I?ll still be able to
deduct equipment expenses that I make next year, or should I blow through
all this money on gear I?ll need for the future this year?

That said, replace the Dlux-4 with a type 109? yes? or don?t bother?

thanks for your time & expertise ?

Kyle

Replies: Reply from keith at wesselphoto.com (Keith Wessel) ([Leica] TAX question: Should I buy an M10?)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] TAX question: Should I buy an M10?)