Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Speckles
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 15:37:37 -0500

PESO:

I'm still scanning slides of Italy.  Most of the film has been Provia which
seems to scan fine, but I've run into a series where I used Velvia.  That
shows lots of speckles in the film.  I used Vuescan's infrared noise
removal when I scanned it and I've tried both Neat Image and Define in
Photoshop.  Nothing touches these speckles.  Here is an example:

http://www.pbase.com/image/166696968

Enlarged detail from the top left corner:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/166696969

Any suggestions on how to get rid of speckles?

Tina

--
Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com