Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Details and poetography
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 22:07:47 +0000

Hmmm, I think I'm being unfair to George as Goethe is a German poet.

If there's any symmetry between poetry and engineering, and more to the
point between German poetry and German engineering, then, you find to
your horror the pages of your most expensive leather-bound, and
exquisitely wrought, Liebchen love verse fall out while you're
declaiming sweet nothings to the lass of your heart's desire, and, the
heart joining moment is forever shattered as she laughs. In despair, you
gather them up from the floor of unrequited love, and have to slink away
forlornly into the unsatisfied night.

In the morning, seething, you prepare a parcel and send them back to the
publisher.

They eventually reply to tell you it takes up to two years to gum the
pages back in. Yes, it's a great way to run a company :-)

Douglas