Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mister Nut in Fall
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 23:00:17 +0000

A very nice shot, but are you sure they're the same animal, Philippe?

We used to have the nicer looking Red here all over Ireland, but the
incredibly stupid introduction of the American Grey with its very
transmittable infection - the Squirrel Pox - has decimated them both
here, and in the UK.
http://www.mammals-in-ireland.ie/species/red-squirrel

The law of unintended consequences triumphs yet again - just think of
Brexit, its likely siloisation of nations, and the probable resumption
of the regular cycle of European wars. Maybe, when the current invasion
of greys from Italy spreads to Northern France, what you have
photographed will have become an increasing rarity. Then again, by that
stage, there'll be so much red on the ground, red squirrels won't be
missed.

Douglas