Subject: [Leica] WTB: VARIO-ELMAR-R 70-210mm f/4
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 10:46:14 +0100

Hi Frank,

I don?t know your motivations for this lens and don?t have one for sale YET
If you?re referring to the Minolta made species, I had one, and traded it
asap to get the equivalent Angenieux.
Why? the pump zoom looks cool on paper, not during hikes as it regularly
slides to full extent as you progress and bangs against your thighs...
The IQ is not too bad for that period, but the Angie was certainly sharper,
more luminous (3.5) and convenient (double ring vs pump), and had wonderful
bokeh, which was not so with the Leitz branded one. This if you find an
Angenieux whose barrels are smooth and have NO cracks.

Sample here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW/PAW-17+-+Pivoine.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW/PAW-17+-+Pivoine.jpg.html>

Or better, there
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/132664-2/Kenzonian+Bokeh+_1+sur+1_.jpg
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/132664-2/Kenzonian+Bokeh+_1+sur+1_.jpg>

If you were to stick to Leica, the 80-sthg was a much better performer.

Hope this may help

Amities
Philippe