Subject: [Leica] Elmhurst High School in September
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 21:24:13 -0400

The limestone quarry is very old, it has been there since the 1930s. They
bought the school because it was basically given to them by the corrupt
school board. Fort Wayne?s population has not crashed, but the Fort Wayne
Community Schools district is losing students rapidly. The schools are so
badly run that anyone who can afford to do so is putting their kids in
private schools, homeschooling them, or moving to parts of Fort Wayne
served by one of the other public school districts (the city is mostly
served by FWCS but the other three school districts in the county also
have small parts of the city within their boundaries).

I worked for FWCS as a teacher for four years. The teachers I worked with
were mostly good people, but the leadership of the school district fought
us tooth and nail at every turn to prevent us actually teaching students.
I could talk for days about the shit I saw in those schools, and the brain
dead apes who collected their government paychecks at the school
district?s offices downtown.

We were losing teachers too. The least year I taught, the district began
the school year with 50 teacher openings. No one wants to work for them,
and older teachers are quitting in huge numbers. Pay isn?t the problem;
FWCS pays its teachers very well. The problem is working conditions and
the shitty way the district?s leadership treats the highly educated
professionals who work for them.

I miss my students, but not the job.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

On 11/1/17, 9:08 PM, "LUG on behalf of Douglas Barry"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of