Subject: [Leica] Question
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 23:16:58 -0400

It has been about 20 years since  I visited Morocco.....   we had our own
rental car.

Inside the indoor souks, you will need something pretty wide angle..... 24?
21?... it is really a small space  (whether you like it or not, you WILL
visit a rug store......)
Outside souks are like farmers markets here..... you can get close, you can
back up..... but the animal selling market is most interesting.  These ae
real local places.  Tourists are rarely around...

There are a lot of mountainous areas.. I distinctly remember the area right
out of Marrakesh seeing the Atlas mountains... but they were a LONG way
off.....  Images will be pretty, but probably not up to your standards for
quality.

The people WERE, in some places, not happy about pictures being taken...
especially the women.  I got a lot of dirty looks and stink eye.

Morocco is NOT a friendly place,,,,  Take no more camera equipment than you
are comfortable carrying on your person.  ( Maybe the bus makes this
statement wrong, but in any case, be CAREFUL,  thieves are common.)

If you are in a souk, on your own, which I heartily recommend, walk without
regard to where you are.... just walk.  Let your curiosity take you wherever
you wish.  When you are done and wish to go "home", exit the soul at the
closest place and hire a taxi to take you there.....   It will likely cost
you $1.  If you can not find an exit, find a small ( 8-12 years old) child,
and ask them to take you to an exit ( tip him ).

When I went to Peru, I was on a tour bus.....  THE most important feature my
camera had was AF. Second was the flash.
I sat on the curb side ( as TIna mentioned).
Things move so swiftly around you that having to focus is just about
impossible.  Take SOMETHING that has AF, even if it is not your primary
camera.

I hope you will enjoy your trip... it is  fantastically different from the
US.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net