Subject: [Leica] IMG: Goodyear Blimp
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 22:48:33 -0500

Al, I really didn't ask.? I suspect the flight crew and part of the
ground crew hit the local restaurants and motels, but I suspect someone
remains behind.

All I know about the flight controls is what I read and observed.? The
registry says it is powered by a 180 HP Lycoming. It is mounted on the
right side, and appeared to swivel so the thrust could be directed.? On
the other side, there is the electric billboard that you see above ball
games.? At the tail, there appeared to be two fans mounted 90 deg apart,
to provide a vertical and horizontal component to tilt and steer the
craft.? I have no idea how these are powered.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA