Subject: [Leica] PESO 10 01 17
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 23:26:49 +0100

Padre Pio and Francis of Assisi, both Italian saints, so the bearers
must be Italian.

I had an elderly spinster relative who was very devout and a great
devotee of Padre Pio. She regularly made pilgrimages to Italy to see his
shrine at San Giovanni Rotondo, and she was so dedicated to him, I half
expected to see her develop the stigmata. She didn't.

When she died, I removed thirty seven black bags of religious objects
from her house before it could be sold. She had everything from a pope's
zucchetto to a piece of the true cross. I rang her local priest to ask
if he, or the church, wanted them. "Burn them" he replied. I kept the
zucchetto as it might be handy at some stage. It belonged to Pius X
which is not a catholic iPhone.

Douglas