Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 CCD problem
From: alal at nyu.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 16:14:21 -0400

it would appear that your M9 problem was different.

My repair memo states:

*"Necessary labours *3.000 H

**THERE IS A PART MISSING FOR THIS REPAIR;

IT WILL DELAY THE COMPLETION FOR A

COUPLE OF WEEKS.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.**

*Error description *

Sensor cover glass, coating is seperatin

adjust range finder

clean, lubrication and adjustment

*leather covering *1 PCS

*CIRCUIT M9 REV 4+5 *1 PCS"

Note that there is a coating problem on the sensor cover glass; the cover
itself has not fallen off. Of course, Leica could just change the top cover
only and keep the original CCD sensor. Not sure how we can tell short of
stripping the camera.