Subject: [Leica] [OM] IMG: Prague at night
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 16:31:56 -0700

Glad you folks liked those shots. Thanks! Nathan, I'm grateful that you
warned us about the Old Town price gouging. We found that if we looked
for eating places on quiet streets just outside the touristy area, all
was well.

Phillipe, we had planned to go to the Estates Theatre, which claims to
be the only theatre building still standing in which Mozart performed.
He conducted the premier of Don Giovanni there. Unfortunately, we both
came down with respiratory infections on what should have been our last
day in Prague. So we missed the theatre, along with Wenceslas Square and
a couple of other points around there.  Hopefully next time.

We saw the astronomical clock.  The building is being renovated or
cleaned, so the clock is currently surrounded by ugly scaffolding and tarps.

--Peter

 > What Nathan says - and also wonderful memories there : we attended a
 > performance of Don Giovanni in the original theater where it was first
 > performed - such a thrill ? my son Timo then 9 year old was mesmerized.
 >
 > I forgot the name of the square where the church stands, but I
remember that
 > astronomical clock on the corner of the street to the right of your
photo.

 > Amiti?s
 > Philippe
 > > Le 8 ao?t 2017 ? 06:58, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu> a
?crit :

 > > Nice shots. Prague is certainly a beautiful city, but it is a bit
spoiled
 > > by tourism, in the same way as parts of Barcelona, for instance. I
had my
 > > life?s most expensive cup of coffee at a caf? near the Charles
Bridge a