Subject: [Leica] URL: W Eugene Smith
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 05:00:07 +0530

Which advice he took himself, if I remember right. Larkin was also a jazz
aficionado, and I still have a couple of volumes of his jazz reviews and
columns, which make excellent reading for dipping into, once in a while.

As for Bill Smith, such self destructive behaviour is not unknown in
borderline geniuses, is it, and it maybe the root cause of the artistic
power of his photographs - which remain obvious to this day!

If I ever get an actual original print of any of our greats in photography,
it would be one of his.....

Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad