Subject: [Leica] noct .95 ?
From: stevebarbour at mac.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:29:57 -0700

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 4:02 PM, Steve Barbour <stevebarbour at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 18, 2017, at 3:26 PM, Frank Filippone <red735i at verizon.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Steve... For what purpose are you looking for a 0 .95 or 1.0 Nocti?
>> I assume you will use it at F-Widest.....?
>

> Hi Frank,
>
> thanks for writing and for your interest.    I just wrote to Luis and in
> it I think I have answered some of your questions.
>>
>> The 2 that come to my mind.....
>> Separate the background?
>> Lens Signature ( soft lens, for portraits)?
>
> Yes and yes.
>

>> For landscapes?
>>
>> I remember that you had a 50mm F1.4 ASPH... are you looking for something
>> "different" than the clean technical look of this lens?
>

> Yes, I am looking for exactly this, I also have an f1 ?new version"
> Noctilux which I love, and use a lot.
>>
>> Note: Any of these fast lenses is a joy to use on the Sony A7.... focusing
>> is a pleasure.....  much higher hit rate?.

a long time ago I said this, I will describe again my technique:     I set
up the camera to shoot RAW and bw jpeg fine, with focus peaking red, in
lowest setting. In the view finder you see bw, when in focus red edges are
also seen. This makes it easy, quick, the RAW files are found to be in sharp
focus.