Subject: [Leica] IMG: Infrared Tabarca
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 20:58:13 +0200

Today our office photography club, Lightbox, spent an afternoon visiting the
island of Tabarca, about 1 hour by boat from Alicante or 1/2 hour from Santa
Pola, 25 km to the south. It is a unique place, settled in the 1770s as a
military installation designed to protect Alicante from pirates. The island
is about 2.5 km long and 400 meters wide and has around 100 permanent
residents in the town?but on a hot summer day like today the island is full
of visitors. I actually prefer to go during the early spring or late autumn,
since the island is much more peaceful then, but even today it was very
enjoyable. I decided to indulge in some IR photography, so I took the Leica
M8 with me and Heliopan 695 and 715 filters. There is not much foliage on
Tabarca but there was plenty of sunshine, so although the IR effect is mild
in some of the images, it is definitely there. A small gallery of 12 images:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Infrared-Tabarca/

I also took regular pictures, including of some sumptuous traditional
Tabarca food we enjoyed for lunch?to be shown later.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain