Subject: [Leica] IMG: Fisherman in a Tourist Town
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (photo.forrest1 at gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 23:48:49 -0400

Peyote is a cactus not a mushroom.

Phil Forrest
gallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest/
------ Original message------From: Mark RabinerDate: Tue, Jul 11, 2017
23:14To: Leica Users Group;Cc: Subject:Re: [Leica] IMG: Fisherman in a
Tourist Town
I think for sure it would be distracting in a show of otherwise normally
processed images to have this one the only graphic done at this level.I
think it?s good to get out of the box every so often and there are people
whose whole body of work is graphically extended lens based art
(photographs) done on this more imaginative level.  The limitations of
digital photograph or at least digital processing is seemly unlimited and
there is some great phantasmagorical stuff out there Salvador Dali would
have loved to be here.Often they?re bad bot sometimes they?re good. I think
if I saw a gallery filled with this stuff with no straight images I?d
probably like much of it. I probably already have. But as a one-off
experiment it is going to be jarring. I say make it a 100-off experiment and
print and hang it. Or at least have a full page in your website devoted to
it ?sometimes I think outside the box?. Or ?sometimes I chew up a few peyote
mushrooms and play with Photosho
 p all night?.-- Mark William RabinerPhotographerOn 7/11/17, 2:07 PM, "LUG
on behalf of photo.forrest1 at gmail.com"  wrote:    The image is good and
like you say the isolation of the man is good but the HDR effect is VERY
distracting.    Phil Forrest    gallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest/
------ Original message------From: Tina ManleyDate: Tue, Jul 11, 2017
13:58To: MUGers at yahoogroups.com;Leica Users Group;paw;seephoto;Olympus
Camera Discussion;Cc: Subject:[Leica] IMG: Fisherman in a Tourist Town
PESO:I'm predicting that most of you will not like this one, but I like
theisolation of the fisherman with the colorful ladies on vacation.
Thelighting was so splotchy with extreme sunlight and shade, I used Color
Efexto make it look more painterly.  I hate splotchy light and probably
shouldnot bother to take photos in it, but I liked this
guy.http://www.pbase.com/image/165813005Tina-- Tina
Manleywww.tinamanley.comtina-manley.artistwebsites.comhttp://www.alamy.com/stock-phot

ography/3B49552F-90A0-4D0A-A11D-2175C937AA91/Tina+Manley.html_______________________________________________Leica